Wednesday 13 January 2016

The Move to France

It seemed all our moves were done alone by me.  This one was no exception.  Don had started his new job in Paris and I was packing up and organizing the movers.  When all was done, I was on the airplane to Paris with the kids with a full blown case of laryngitis. I couldn’t speak.  It was okay though, because I didn’t need to talk much on the plane.  Don’s pilot friend, Reg Orange, joked that his prayers had been answered. 

Don did the neatest thing. As the kids and myself were landing in Paris, Don was simultaneously taking off from for a three day trip from the same airport we were landing at, and with the same air line.  The Captain came on the PA.  “Captain Murray had a message for his wife that he’ll be home in three days and welcome to France. And…. if I were to look out the starboard window, i could wave at him taking off!”  I thought I should stand upland take a bow, and say, ‘That’s me!  I’m Mrs. Murray!”   I thought that was so sweet.  We were on our way to ‘L’Hotel Mercure’ where we would all meet up.



No comments:

Post a Comment