Monday 25 January 2016

A Hundred Dollars for Christmas

We had promised the boys $100 for Christmas.  However, one day Tyson came to me saying that he could no longer support Brandon’s calling him ‘box head’.  Brandon loved to make fun of Tyson and tease him.  Tyson was pretty good natured about it, but he’d had it this particular day. I tried to cajole Brandon into cutting it out, but he persisted.  Finally, I took out the big guns and said he’d lose a dollar off his Christmas money for every time he called Tyson box head. 


 Well, Brandon, not to be controlled by desire, lost $25 and the hundred dollars was now down to seventy-five.  He asked, “How much is left?”  When I told him “Seventy-five dollars”, he continued, “Box head, box head, box head, box head.  How much left?  Box head, box head, box head….” until it was all gone. I think he tired himself out and it wasn’t a big issue after that, but he didn’t get his $100 for Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment