Sunday 12 April 2015

"Where's My Bugs?"

One of my endearing memories of Brandon!
I was buzzing around the kitchen finishing up making crunchy granola.  I hurriedly filled three bowls and gave them to the boys who were playing in the back yard.  I continued with my business until dinner time when I summoned the boys in with their empty bowls.  Brandon still had quite a bit of his granola left.  I placed his bowl on the counter and absentmindedly nibbled on it as I prepared dinner. I hadn’t had a taste and this was my opportunity to sample the results of my cuisine.  

Dinner ready, I call the boys. Brandon takes one look at his bowl and yells, “Where’s my bugs?” I scrutinized the bowl only to see ants on their backs, beetles without legs, flies wing and legless.  Allch!  Just the thought I’d eaten them made me retch.  I yelled back, “What are you mad at …?  … I’m the one that ate them!”

No comments:

Post a Comment