Wednesday 13 January 2016

The Espresso Machine

The Italian coffee machine has two parts.  The bottom part holdthe water and the metal filter for the coffee grounds and then the tp empty chamber which screws on to the bottom part.  When the water heats up it explodes through the filter and coffee into the empty chamber above.


One day I was in the kitchen waiting for the coffee to pressurize into the upper part.  It was taking a long time.  Damon was adjacent in the dining room doing his homework.  I had waited long enough, so decided it was time to open the lid  to see what was up.  Stupid.  At exactly the moment that I opened the top, it exploded. I looked away a millisecond earlier to Damon calling, “Mom..”  My face was directed to the dining room as the coffee exploded onto the 12 foot ceiling, the walls, the stove.  I knew I could have been blinded.  Saved by the sweet call of Damon.

No comments:

Post a Comment