Saturday 18 April 2015

The Chain Saw Massacre

We were hardly in the door when Don discovered the lawn tractor.  He’d beetle around on the three or so acres.  Some of the branches were a bit low when he was on the mower and we discussed cutting one or two.  I loved the trees in the  back yard so much.  I could see the trees and gardens from all the windows in the back of house, from the dining room, the kitchen, the living room.  The peacefulness of it fed my soul. So the day I came home and saw that Don had cut  all the lower branches off of all of the trees, I was devastated. Now my beautiful gardens looked more like a Bell Telephone pole park.  It seemed all the beauty that I had fallen in love with, was gone. I couldn’t speak.  I could see that a man and a chain saw are a dangerous combination, especially when it is a new experience with lots of temptation around… i.e… branches, trees, etc.


Don zoomed up on the four wheeler and casually asked if I wanted to go for a ride.  Go for a ride? You’re acting like nothing’s happened and you’ve just murdered my trees?? I was speechless.  I can remember some pick up truck driving into the drive way.  I asked the guy if he wanted a couple of chain saws.  I threw them in the back of his truck and he drove off.  When Don found out his chain saws were missing, he was not pleased and suggested I get them back. I made a deal with him that if he wouldn’t cut anything down that we didn’t mutually agree on,  I might consider getting the saws back. I did and he didn’t.

No comments:

Post a Comment