Monday 13 April 2015

Sending the Kids to Camp with Marijuana

The church I was taking the kids to for Sunday School was offering a summer camp program. We enrolled Damon and Tyson thinking this would be a good experience for them.  We hastily threw together the things they were required to bring for the week away.  We added our old camera that had been hanging around for  years. We put a new film in the case and packed it up.

Weren’t we to get a call a few days later from a beleaguered Damon. “The camp councillor found marijuana in the camera case!” I gasped.  Friends had given us a small amount of pot when we got married and we never used it.  We had hidden it away carefully in the camera case and totally forgot about it.  It came flooding back to me but I couldn’t tell Damon that.  “Tell them its oregano; its oregano, Honey!”  I don’t know exactly what happened when we got off the phone, but I’m pretty sure the councillor took care of it as we never saw it again! 



No comments:

Post a Comment